Vacation Rental Property Insurance for Short-Term Rentals

Vacation Rental Property Insurance for Short-Term Rentals

Do you own a vacation rental property or short-term rental?

Rockingham Insurance recognizes coverage for vacation rental properties as its own insurance product called a Short-Term Rental Policy. Unlike the competition, they’ve designed this vacation rental property insurance for individuals who have rental properties advertised on websites like VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner), Airbnb and other online rental sources.

What Qualifies as a Vacation Rental?

A vacation rental is a property rented to others when the owner is not present. A vacation rental is different from a Bed & Breakfast. Breakfast is not provided. In fact, B&Bs do not qualify for this short-term rental policy since the homeowner is living in the house. However, it is not restricted to a specific property type. A vacation rental could be a home, condo, apartment or even a group of homes.

The length of stay could be anywhere from a weekend to 2-3 months. If it’s less than a year, this policy is created to cover it.

Protecting You and Your Vacation Rental Property

Our short-term rental policy offers outstanding protection that would replace your home and contents should you suffer a loss.

Liability Coverage – Accidents happen and our policy provides protection should someone get hurt while on your property.

Protecting your Lifestyle – We provide protection for damages to or loss or your furnishings, both in the home or in storage buildings on site.

If you own a vacation rental property, contact us today for a free Short-Term Rental Policy quote.

But I already have a secondary home policy…

The activity of your property needs the correct insurance coverage. A second home can be a great source of income when used as a vacation rental. But the typical homeowners' insurance policy requires the homeowner to be living in the home. A secondary home policy would have the homeowner visiting the home for short stays.

If you use your second home as a vacation rental property and source of income, it is best to have a short-term rental policy that matches the activity of your property.

Are you unsure whether or not your property would qualify for this type of insurance policy? Call us at 540-463-6702. We’d be happy to assist you in making sure you have the right coverage for your property.

Comments are closed.